Job Title: Chief Media Officer
Working Hours: Flexible
Travel Required: Not frequent
Compensation: Flexible. A mixture of fixed and performance-based.
Position Type: Part Time
Job Description: Breakfast Club Africa, a Pan African leadership enhancement organization in seven countries is looking for a Chief Media Officer (CMO) to help accelerate its brand recognition among public, private, and non-profit sector organizational heads in Africa. The CMO will act as the main point of contact for the media and handle all matters relating to the press. He/She will be preparing, writing and distributing press releases, handling media queries and constantly liaising with journalists and other media contacts to schedule promotional radio and TV interviews across media channels in Africa. He/She will help position the CEO and other BCA coaches as Thought Leaders in Africa.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Chief Media Officer includes but not limited to the following;
▪ Create and implement a media plan for BCA to become positively recognized by 10% of all heads of organizations in Africa by Dec 2021 and 80% by 2030
▪ Schedule media interviews across TV, Radio and online channels across Africa
▪ Distribute and ensure publication of press releases to all relevant media channels
▪ Answer enquiries from the press or other media representatives
▪ Write press releases and news reports about BCA
▪ Leverage on his/her wide media contacts across Africa to drive Brand awareness of BCA
▪ Monitor BCA’s media coverage
▪ Lead BCA to organize media events and promotional activities
▪ Generate and implement ideas to gain more media coverage
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
▪ A University degree related to Journalism, Media Communications, and International Relations are preferred.
▪ A minimum of five years’ level of experience with the Media across multiple countries in Africa.
▪ Excellent connection across the Media fraternity in Africa is the major requirement for this role.
▪ Fluency in French is a plus
▪ Excellent communication skills in both written and oral
▪ Ability to self-supervise
▪ Ability to write press releases and news reports
About Breakfast Club Africa (BCA)
BCA is a company dedicated to the positive transformation of Africa. Established in 2017 and registered in Mauritius as a GBL-1 Corporation, the company provides amazing learning experiences (including peer-learning, peer-problem-solving and executive coaching) to leaders of African organizations/companies that enhance leadership and organizational growth. The vision of BCA is to transform Africa into a middle income continent by 2030 by positively impacting 1 million heads of organizations in public, private, and non-profit sector organizations. The company is led by its CEO, Dr. Modupe Taylor-Pearce.
Send an email to: email@example.com